- Love Yoga?
Ready to teach or just want to dive deeply into your practice?
▸Weekends Only or Weekdays Only
▸Multi Leveled – Multi Style – Gentle Hatha to Power Vinyasa Traditions
▸Gain Confidence: w/ private mentoring & practice co-teaching public classes.
▸Choose a Gentle Hatha or Vinyasa Flow Focus
▸With Lisa Pumper & well-respected Yoga ~ Mindful Living Educators and Health Professionals
This premier Yoga training embarks you on a profound journey of self – discovery; and empowers you to become the best person you can be. Our program offers a holistic, well rounded, comprehensive training to build a foundation upon which to teach the ancient art & healing practice of Yoga. You will be encouraged to develop these skills in a way that draws from your own experience and personal practice – Gentle Hatha to Power Vinyasa styles.
⇸ You do not need to have the desire to become a Yoga teacher to participate – Simply deepening your knowledge and experience can add so much to your practice and self knowledge.
➨ COURSE TOPICS:
- History & Philosophy: including but not limited to an Intro to 8-Fold Path of Raja Yoga, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Bhagavad-Gita, Yoga Sutras.
- Sanskrit: Verbalizing this oral tradition, posture names, & mantras/chanting.
- Hatha Yoga Theory & Techniques: Asana, Pranayama practices, Mudras, Bandhas & Meditation Techniques.
- Anatomy & Physiology: Fundamentals of the human body and its mechanics. Relationship of key musculo-skeletal structures within asanas, Benefits and contraindications of postures. Anatomy of the subtle bodies. How to work with injuries and limitations.
- Prana & Subtle Energies: Intro of various Pranayama practices. Vayus, Chakras, Koshas, Nadis & more…
- Teaching Methodology/Techniques, Practices & Integrations:
Learn basic, intermediate and complex asanas. How to cue. Proper breath coordination. Lines of energy. Posture modifications/ variations. How to use props for supported postures. Intelligent & creative sequencing. Hands-on adjustments/assists.
Class planning. Setting a theme. Creating a supportive environment for self and students. Adjusting /accommodating for specific needs . Observing and reading students’ bodies.
Learn to teach a basic Hatha class and also Vinyasa class with optimal sequencing.
Explore various lineages/styles: Vinyasa, Ashtanga Vinyasa, Hatha, Restorative, Yin Yoga, Kids, Prenatal, Kundalini and others*.
- Practicum, Presentations & Exams: Private mentoring. Daily journaling. Develop a self/home practice. Opportunity to practice teach. Class & online participation required. Part of final exam is to teach one class and to write an essay about your unique yoga journey.
- Lifestyle & Ethics: Intro Ayurveda, Ethics & Boundaries of the Yoga teacher – student relationship.
- Seva (service) and Homework:
Teach a free community class & support a charity of your choice. Homework includes: 20hrs of (non-contact) classes exploring of types of Yogic styles & complete all homework readings.
- Business of Yoga: working at studios, insurance, and more.
- Lisa Pumper (lead teacher & director)
- Cecilia Lester (co lead teacher)
ERYT 500, YACEP, LMT, ViniYoga Therapist & Educator, Physical Therapist. flagler-rehab.com
Voted Miami’s number #1 Life Coach by New Times, Hay House author of Directing Your Destiny, Owner The Creative Insight Journey
ERYT 500, Level 2 Authorized KPJ Ashtanga Yoga Institute of Mysore Teacher, Co-Owner Ashtanga Yoga Worldwide. ashthangyogaworldwide.com
ERYT 500, YACEP, MA, LMT, Vinyasa, Yin & Ayurveda Educator. ayurvedayogatraining.us
RYT500, YA Kids Yoga TTC, Yin Yoga, Red Pearl Teacher
& MORE GUEST TEACHERS TBA……